Badass character introductions ➝ Samara 11/?
Badass character introductions ➝ Samara 11/?
Ashley’s rampant xenophobia screams white because her opinions about other sentient species are literally a mirror image of the “moderate” version of white supremacy which remains common among modern day white social conservatives.
it’s six in the morning can we not do this
Shut your fucking mouth, OP.
Why do people always focus on what Ash said in the beginning? It’s understandable that after the First Contact War, she and other humans would be wary of other species. Some turians are flat out nasty to the human characters, too. Not to mention she’s got an issue with constantly being overlooked and shunned in the military because her grandfather had to surrender to the turians. This doesn’t mean she’s going to spit on the aliens faces, degrade them, insult them, refuse to talk with or touch them.
Ashley even berates the Terra Firma party for being bigots and promoting xenophobia.
In ME2, she abandons Shepard based entirely on the fact he/she is working for Cerberus who are an organisation notoriously anti-alien and promotes only humanity.
Why don’t you focus on the fact that (if you keep her alive on Virmire which few do based entirely on a few comments) throughout the series, she develops friendships and comradeship with the alien characters like Garrus and Liara?
In ME3, she proudly stands beside them during the Reaper war, she goes out of her way to protect the council even if it meant pointing a gun at Shepard, she picks Liara off her feet on Mars and stands in front of her in order to protect her from the Eva robot. She has dialogue with the alien characters that sound like a true and deep friendship.
Is that really a comparison to how a “conservative white supremist” would treat POC? Like, fucking God forbid that Ashley has some flaws in the beginning - that really are based solely on a few words of caution against an alien species, that only 26 years ago, were trying to kill her people and her family members. And oh no! She’s religious! What an idiot! But hey Thane and Liara’s spirituality is sooo awesome!
Seriously. Shut the fuck up. Ashley William’s a is a great character when you actually give her a chance, go through every conversation branch, get to know her, bring her on some damn missions - especially the final assault against Cerberus. Her character arc is actually one of the most compelling in the trilogy. You can dislike her, that’s fine. But if you dislike her based solely on her ME1 comments and ignore her development throughout the series, you need to NOT POST DUMBASS REMARKS LIKE THAT OP.
The Characters of Mass Effect:
- Ashley Williams
Can we just have a round table discussion about how fucking awesome Ashley Williams is?
- She’s more connected to the ME universe’s big picture than you may think: her grandfather was not only responsible for Shanxi, but was unintentionally responsible for Jack Harper’s fate. You know, that one dude that went a little crazy after Eva died and decided to make this company or something… Hmmm….
- Basically faces an entire fucking geth armada by herself.
- Still gives a fuck about the people she lost
- Wore badass pink armor
- Calls Shepard out for flirting with subordinates
- Doesn’t just up fall at Shepard’s feet
- Refuses Shepard’s offer to help clear her family name
- Was the only one with the balls to ask why Shepard let the daughter of an indoctrinated & treasonous matriarch, a potentially ultra violent krogan warlord, a cop with authority issues, and a kid who serves as a potential security risk on the Normandy
- Oh, and then she grows as a character and warms up to these people (especially Tali).
- Actually defends the Council’s reasoning for being a bag of dicks, while making it well established that she still thinks that they’re unreasonable bags of dicks.
- Was willing to shoot Wrex in order to prevent Shepard getting turned into a meat pile.
- Tactically keen enough to know that the losses caused by saving the Destiny Ascension could have spelled disaster.
- …Basically, didn’t have a fucking issue with calling Shepard out on his/her bullshit when everyone else in the damn galaxy was kissing Shepard’s feet.
- Gets back to work after Shepard dies, getting promoted on her own, instead of moping forever, even when she was grieving like hell.
- Calls Shepard out for just prancing up to her and saying “hello” after coming back from the dead. Because, you know, he had a decent amount of time and more than a few shadowbrokers he could have used to track her the fuck down. He didn’t even make up for other people using her as bait for Shepard. Fuck, dude. I’d be mad.
- Even when she was, essentially, not completely in the wrong, writes the best love letter of all time to Shepard and apologizes.
- Oh, and didn’t call your ass out for not replying. Dickwad.
- Should you fuck anyone in the meantime, she takes the break up quite well.
- After finding about the shit Cerberus did, she realizes that even Shepard wasn’t safe from their bullshit. Why? Because she’s fucking smart.
- Because, you know, nobody ever gave her a full rundown on what happened while Shepard was with Cerberus. Considering how little anyone told her, that was fucking smart.
- Desperately wants to believe Shepard, especially after he/she faithfully visits her in the hospital.
- But, you know, Cerberus has fantastic timing and Udina is a bastard. If Shepard treats her like a pile of shit, she’s got less reason to not stand down. If you treat her with some motherfucking respect, instead of treating her like a racist brat, she’d got a reason to believe you.
- Basically, it’s your damn fault if she died. Yes, it is.
- Finally, after years of angst and separation and loss and pain, Shepard gives her this long speech over how fucking awesome of a person she is.
- Ashley doesn’t need Shepard to tell her what she already knows. She doesn’t exactly need his approval. They’re about to go into the ultimate suicide mission.
- SHE TELLS SHEPARD TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND
Fact: I AM INFINITELY MORE DISTRESSED ABOUT LEGEND OF THE SEEKER BEING OVER than I ever was about the end of Lost. This was, hands down, one of the most epic things to ever hit my television screen, and the day the networks decided to drop Seeker was a dark day in tv history. A dark day indeed. (And really just a stupid decision from a marketing standpoint, tbh.)
Also: the finale? EARTH-SHATTERING. BRAIN-MELTING. SO EPIC. TOO EPIC. Every thread from throughout the season came together to weave into a fantastic conclusion, almost as if the writers had planned it all along. GEE, I wonder what recently-ended show failed miserably on that account. HMMM.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!
Legend of the Seeker - Reckoning(s01e22)